Monday, April 19, 2010

Playlist for Your Kitchen

For those of you who don't know (outside of my two person readership), I am equally passionate about good music as I am about food.   I am rarely in the kitchen without my music on.  I don't mind prepping veggies and herbs in a music induced trance.

I recently reconnected with a dear friend of mine who I have always admired for his impeccable taste in music.  He came to our belated wedding reception and dropped a mix cd in the pot with all of the envelopes of well wishes.  I haven't been able to stop listening to it, and it's been a favorite in the kitchen this last week.  Thanks Jimmy.

So from my stomach and my ears:

Furr  -  Blitzen Trapper 
Walk In the Park -  Beach House
Too Many Birds - Bill Callahan 
French Navy - Camera Obscura 
So Far from Your Weapon - The Dead Weather 
Laura - Girls
Romance Is Boring - Los Campesinos!
Higher Than the Stars - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart 
Mirror Ball - The Crayon Fields All the Pleasures of the World
In the Summertime - The Rural Alberta Advantage
1999 - Shout Out Louds
Well-Alright - Spoon
Knotty Pine - David Byrne & Dirty Projectors

No comments:

Post a Comment