I posted this picture on Facebook and got a request for the recipe. It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here it is:
Sausage, Potato, Kale Soup
1(ish) lb of ground sausage (or take the casings off 3 sausages)
1 diced medium onion
Red pepper flakes to taste
1 peeled and cubed Russet potatoes (or 4 diced red potatoes, whichever you prefer)
1 box of chicken stock (homemade of course is better!)
1 lb of kale
1 cup of water
1 cup of half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of nutmeg
1. Break up and saute ground sausage, onion, and red pepper flakes in large pot or Dutch oven.
2. Drain and put back on the stove at medium high heat.
3. Add cubed potatoes and stock.
4. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are almost done.
5. Add kale. It looks like a lot, don't worry...it'll cook down.
6. Add water if desired. I like to add a little bit to add more liquid.
7. Cover and simmer until kale is tender....right about when the kale stops being bright green. But don't overcook or they'll be come mushy. Kale is pretty forgiving, so don't sweat it too much.
8. Take off the heat and add cream. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.