Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day on the Job

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take many pictures of the baby shower I catered this weekend for my friend Maria as I was out the door before most of the ladies came.  I was able to take a few before heading home.

I wanted to incorporate seasonal, fresh ingredients on the menu, so considering the time of year, spinach, strawberries and asparagus were super stars.  On the menu:  salad of strawberries, spinach, toasted walnuts, Parmesan and sweet Dijon vinaigrette, Five Quiches (mushroom/leek/Parm, sundried tomatoes/leeks/goat cheese, Quiche Lorraine-bacon/onion/Gruyere, and 2 asparagus/onion/Prosciutto/Parm), Sides (Shrimp Orzo Salad, Mrs. Storm's - the grandma- German Potato Salad), and Soft Pretzels with my horseradish dipping sauce.  I included cute little tents with food descriptions.

I got a snapshot of the strawberry salad:

 
PHOTOS BY VIRGINIA LEE

The quiches were covered and sides put away in the fridge to be plated....sorry guys, next time.

As a special treat I also included a centerpiece, a strawberry topiary tree:

PHOTOS BY VIRGINIA LEE

Here's HOW TO: Strawberry Topiary Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment