Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Job in a Mix Tape

Let the following songs pay tribute to those who dwell in tiny cubicle feifdoms, nestled between Metro stops and condos:

"The Business" These United States
//I've got a glorified leather lunchbox

"Hey Julie" Fountains of Wayne
//Hours on the phone making pointless call/ I've got a desk full of papers that mean nothing at all/ Sometimes I catch myself staring into space/ Counting down the hours 'til I get to see you face

"Day Job" Sunshine State
//Where did the weekend go/ I say to Steve/ As the elevator opens/ On the 7th floor of Hell

"Spider in the Snow" Dismemberment Plan
//Same VCR/ Same cats/ Different people at the very same job/Similar alley/ Different rats

"Arlington" Emmet Swimming
//Be rich/ Dress poor/ How'd we get so chic?

No comments:

Post a Comment